sitemeter

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thinking about yesterday's post

And my distrust for mainstream media. 


 Being born and raised in San Diego I had very little interest in reading the local paper because not only do I dislike dirty hands, I smelled bullshit. 


 The older I got the more I knew that the way that local government functioned was not in the best interest of people like me and many inhabitants of the over 4,000 square miles inside San Diego County. And it was obvious to me that the paper and the government supported the wealthiest members of a small elite. 

So articles like this:
  San Diego’s ‘Strong Mayor’ System Worse Than You Might Think 
By Norma Damashek / NumbersRunner / May 18, 2012 
Hat tip to OB Rag 


 and books like these:


 Paradise Plundered and Under the Perfect Sun only confirm my suspicions.

No comments:

Post a Comment