sitemeter

Sunday, February 22, 2009

American East



Hmm. How do I describe this film?

It's about Arab Americans trying not to end up in Gitmo after 9/11, and live out the American Dream. It's more brave than most of the absolute crap that comes out of Hollywood. Still, I'm so jaded that the lovey-dovey stuff is a hard sell for me, but then again my friend is still schooling me on life in Los Angeles. I lived there as a kid, but I was a kid. San Diego has it's quirks but believe me, they are different than LA. I recognized
Sarah Shahi from other stuff I've seen her in, but never read the bio on IMDB about her before. I remember cringing at her Mexican accent, but the fact that one of her parents is Spanish just blew me away. Really? I can tell the difference between a Spanish and Mexican accent and frankly hers is neither, and it's Gawd-awful. Not surprisingly she's related to some Shah in Iran. Ahhhhhh, Grasshopper, the accent suffer from snobbery. I'm betting Egyptians aren't buying the accent in this movie either, but she is a decent actress and quite beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment