sitemeter

Saturday, February 21, 2009

PBS NOW covers sexual harrassment of teens on part-time jobs

Week of 2.20.09
Is Your Daughter Safe at Work?
A shocking statistic—teenagers are in more danger from sexual predators at their part time jobs than through the Internet. According to one estimate, 200,000 teenagers are assaulted at the workplace each year. It's a vastly underreported phenomenon, but some brave young women are stepping up publicly to tell their stories.


Am I surprised that part of this story was filmed in San Diego?

Dude, this is a military town. I was born and raised here, nothing surprises me. Probably 90% of the cops here have military experience It's why some kids join the military, so they can get MP (military police) experience and then go back to their hometown and got to the police academy there. Does this particular case involve any ex-military personnell? I don't know. I'm just saying I know what I know and I've seen what I've seen and it ain't "all good."

No comments:

Post a Comment