sitemeter

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Local news



I was watching the local news (coverage of the fire was great, but their slant to the right is typically San Diego) just now and it made me think of this book, and Wambaugh in general.

Wambaugh understands those turf wars that law enforcement types (and men in general) get into. If he were to write a book about this fire it would take him years to research all the different agencies involved.

I'm pretty sure that the bean counters had more to do with this mess than the fire department employees. I know I'll be looking for that fireman with the boot to donate into when these guys catch a break.

7:02 PM 10/25/2007 Jeebus. The fires are still burning and I just watched an ad for a mortgage company on the teevee complete with a guy in a hard hat spreading out a building plan. And then a news report that some guy was arrested for possible arson, he was dressed as a firefighter. I wonder about people in this city sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment