sitemeter

Monday, September 11, 2006

September eleventh

Five years ago at just around this time I was glued to the tube. Watching the films of the buildings tumbling down over and over and over again. I was horrified, but confused, and baffled as to who, and why, and for what purpose this was happening. Emotionally I was stunned, and somewhat numb. The first time I cried was weeks later. What made me cry then, and still makes me cry is the thought of the police officers and the firefighters who died on September 11, 2001. The people who risked, and lost their lives trying to help others still makes me cry.

Today I was thinking of reading this book: Why They Don't Hate Us: Lifting the Veil on the Axis of Evil
Hardcover: 456 pages
Publisher: Oneworld Publications (August 25, 2005)
Language: English
by Mark LeVine

and I watched this:
The Best War Ever
By John Stauber (PR watch)

and I watched this:
America Remembers again
by Mark Fiore

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to see the 9/11 documentary shot by the New York City fireman in training?

    When they were in the first tower...every time a body of one who jumped crazhed into the ground...the sound was sickening.

    Have you been visiting the 2,996 tributes? It should be the people who are remembered; the event will live on without any effort.

    ReplyDelete