sitemeter

Thursday, September 07, 2006

war profiteering

The 10 Most Brazen War Profiteers
By Charlie Cray, AlterNet. Posted September 5, 2006.

Halliburton has become synonymous with war profiteering, but there are lots of other greedy fingers in the pie. We name names on 10 of the worst.

A few years ago (8 actually) I took some silly little business classes. One of my instructors couldn't say enough good things about Titan. I wasn't really aware at the time that Titan was a defense contractor, nor did I care. The only thing those business classes did for me was let me know I wasn't crazy, that there really were a whole bunch of greedy, selfish, self-centered assholes out there who would sell their mothers if they thought they could make a buck. This judgement of mine included students. Around that time some students at another school got caught cheating on a test in a business ethics class. Best laugh I had all year. The only part of those classes that I really liked were a couple of the extra credit assignments. On one of them I got to interview people regarding business practices in other countries. We are certainly not alone in the bribery game. People are people. They haven't changed much. And the wealthy and powerful have been benefitting off of wars since somebody decided war was a good idea, most likely someone who was already wealthy and powerful.


Guess what? Nothing changes if nothing changes.



WAR IS A RACKET
Smedley Darlington Butler


I haven't read this book, but what a fascinating title, eh?

Banking on Baghdad: Inside Iraq's 7,000-Year History of War, Profit, and Conflict Black, Edwin


New Poll: 43% Still Believe Saddam Had Something To Do With 9/11
By: Jamie Holly on Thursday, September 7th, 2006 at 9:30 AM - PDT

Why?














How many times we gonna get booty-bopped by this porcine little dweeb?

(this is a great picture, I couldn't resist snatching it, and I really had no idea when I used it that Atrios had gone batshit with it)

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Rove. And Atrios has gone batshit crazy over that picture.
    And I adore it. Absolutely love it.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between our esteemed VP and this dweeb working the strings that control the puppet known as George W, it's going to be another two rather unpleasant years.

    ReplyDelete