sitemeter

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Once again, speculators behind sharply rising oil and gasoline prices

Once again, speculators behind sharply rising oil and gasoline prices
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012
By Kevin G. Hall | McClatchy Newspapers

"...Historically, financial speculators accounted for about 30 percent of oil trading in commodity markets, while producers and end users made up about 70 percent. Today it's almost the reverse..."

The other night my congressman had another one of those telephonic town hall meetings and for some reason I get called. This time I didn't hang up and kept a running commentary going. There is a warning that you might be recorded. Good. I hope they recorded me strongly requesting that he bring up speculation in the oil markets as he was babbling on about some pie in the sky algae crap and whining about ethanol mixes and the price of gasoline. I didn't place myself in the queue for questions because I'm not diplomatic in the least. Mostly it was a chance for him to spew RepugnanThuglican talking points and a chance for "his constituents" to bitch about Obama.

Sometimes I hate the fact that I can filter out the bullshit. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment