sitemeter

Monday, June 20, 2011

SDG&E and solar = epic fail



Me visiting a photovoltaic array ↑ many years ago. Granted, photovoltaic collectors as a source of electricity were notoriously inefficient at that time, but hot water systems were efficient, and that was my training. And that didn't turn out so well:
People ask me why I'm so angry all the time?

"...I trained 23 28 years ago to install solar powered domestic hot water systems. I never worked in the field because the bottom fell out of the market when Reagan yanked the tax breaks on solar powered systems. I live in a country run by fucking idiots, anybody who's paying attention is pissed, I don't know why people ask me why I'm pissed...."


I knew the
Sunrise Powerlink was not the pretty picture that SDG&E painted because of my very limited experience with photovolatics and my suspicion of SDG&E's PR campaign. I tried to ask the guy manning the Del Mar Fair booth in 2005 if he knew specifics about the green energy PR that was splashed about the booth and dude didn't have a fucking clue. I knew more from the trip to the photovoltaic array in 1983.

SDG&E's Big Solar Failure

And believe me, SDG&E wants nothing to do with the efficiency of the new cells because they can't make money on them. You could save money investing in them now, and tell the Kochs to fuck off and die, even though they don't have anything to do with my local power company, they still have to fuck around in my state's politics, and probably yours too.

JUNE 20, 2011 6:58 AM PDT
Alta Devices lifts curtain on high-efficiency solar cell
by Martin LaMonica

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment