sitemeter

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I was never really a big Michael Jackson fan


But today it hit me that it seems like his music has always been part of the background noise in my life. I never saw the the movie Ben , but I remember the song Ben . I remember hearing ABC on the radio and I'll be there .

I heard a disturbing bit on the radio this morning about Joe Jackson promoting his record label at the Michael tribute thing and I got curious about Michael's young life, so I looked it up on
Wikipedia . The kid was singing in strip clubs before he was 10?

Yeesh, no wonder Janet and Michael wrote Scream .

I found this song called Sugar Daddy on youtube but I don't really remember it. I remember the more innocent, sweet songs from when he was a boy.

I always hated PYT because the girl who antagonized a boyfriend that beat the crap out of me in front of her and then refused to go with me to file a police report loved that song. But who could forget Rock With You , or Human Nature or what a big deal that Thriller was?

Tragic death, but not uncommon it seems like, for a life lived in the spotlight.

The grandmother was granted temporary custody of Michael's children.

Someone put together a nice montage on youtube called Michael Jackson History

He was talented and successful and he leaves us lots of music and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment