sitemeter

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Southland Tales (2006)




Yeesh, what a weird little flick. I didn't say good, although I did enjoy the meanness of the conservatives vs. the liberals. Pretty loopy little piece. John Lovitz was great in this doofy little film, but even better in the special features where he says at first he had no idea what the movie was about. Yeah John, me either.

Oh yeah, and Hollywood, or whoever did the wikipedia page on this movie? You may be talking about Southern California when you say "Southland," but we ain't that down here in THIS part of Southern California. Sorry. That refers to Los Angeles, it's LA talk. We San Diegans generally don't pipe up and yell "HERE!" when somebody hollers "Southland," because only advertisers use that term when they're trying to make a quick buck here. We locals don't use it, don't answer to it and generally are a bit irritated by it.

Yeah, so OK, the best thing about my day was popping one of my kid's CD's in on the way home from my friend's house:
daydream in blue - I Monster

(Shhhhhhh, don't tell the kid I like it, OK?)

No comments:

Post a Comment