sitemeter

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscars

Whoa. I am not a movie buff. I've probably only seen a third of the "Best Picture" films from the last 80 years. I own three of them, & only two of those was my idea, and one of those was an impulse buy. Did I mention I'm not a movie buff? Most movies aren't worth suffering through once, let alone purchasing. I'm not a thirteen year old boy and that's who a lot of the crap out there is written for. The only reason I watch the Oscars is so that someone else sifts through the incredible amount of crappy movies out there for me. The only nominated film this year that I have seen is Ratatouille .


Four looked interesting to me after watching the Oscars:


1. Taxi to the Dark Side

Because Alex Gibnney's dad was a military interrogator and was infuriated by the story.

2. Michael Clayton

I like George Clooney, OK?

3. There Will be Blood
"A story about family, greed, religion, and oil, centered around a turn-of-the-century prospector in the early days of the business."

Greed and oil, what a frickin surprise, eh?

4. Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Because who but Johnny Depp could pull off a horror musical on the big screen?

No comments:

Post a Comment