sitemeter

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Food for thought, er, thinking about food.

Don't ask what sick and twisted mental processes possessed me to blog on this on Mother's Day, Whoops, there it is.

26th case of mad cow confirmed
The Japan Times: Sunday, May 14, 2006
(C) All rights reserved

meanwhile, back at the ranch with larry, curly, and mo at USDA ET AL ON BSE ALABAMA STYLE
PR Watch, general chat,
Epidemiology Update March 23, 2006

Mad Cow Disease
Stop the Madness!
News & Views on Mad Cow Disease,
Mad Deer Disease, Chronic Wasting Disease,
and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy

So, what is Mad Cow Disease, and what are the likely suspects to the cause of it?

History of Rendering: Cattle Cannibalism in the USA

You didn't really want to drag mom to a restaurant today anyway, did you?

I just got my present from my kid and it just don't get any better than this. A little sweet, a little salty, a little nutty, and chewy in more ways than one. A message from the heart in a language I can't understand so she had to translate it for me. I couldn't be more proud. Can't wipe this shit-eating grin off my face. I can't believe she remembers me making her green eggs and ham (los huevos y jamon verdes). I can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to have her. She is "all that and a bag of chips."

Oh, and if you're curious about the origins of Mother's Day
click here .

Do all American mothers struggle with when to reveal to their children the ugly truth about American foreign policy? I know I struggle with it. Somehow I doubt that all American mothers even know the ugly truth about American foreign policy. Here's an hour of how Arundhati Roy interprets it.

2 comments:

  1. Cattle cannabilism for a Mother's Day celebration.
    Nunya, please know I'm smitten with you.
    As for the kids in my life, nieces actually, told me recently that if they had to choose between voting for a piece of Lemon Ice Box pie and Bush, they'd vote for the pie.
    They go around saying "Pie For President."
    I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids aren't stupid, they know this prez needs to shut his pie-hole!

    ReplyDelete