sitemeter

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Jury selection for alleged American Sniper killer begins today

Jury selection in Routh trial begins today


Pretty tall order since Chris Kyle has been glorified since the movie American Sniper was released worldwide about 3 weeks ago and is quite popular. As is Kyle in Texas, where the killing took place and they are trying to pick jurors for the trial.


A Reporter at Large JUNE 3, 2013 ISSUE
In the Crosshairs
Chris Kyle, a decorated sniper, tried to help a troubled veteran. The result was tragic.
BY NICHOLAS SCHMIDLE
 The New Yorker

I wonder if Kyle knew that Routh's family and friends had hidden firearms and ammunition from Routh because they knew he was a danger to himself and others the day he and Littlefield were killed on the rifle range?  I wonder if that will come up in the trial?

I also wonder if the trial will shed light on the Veterans Administration (who paid this dinky, no hit blog a visit the day I posted my last post) and the indadequate treatment of PTSD.  Does the VA need to take a different tack? You know, mabye get a clue from the fact that thatthe war on drugs is a complete fucking failure also?

Or will it all be swept under the rug and the Texas HEE-Rohs murderer be executed?  They execute a lot of people in Texas.  The biggest executers in the US, in fact. (Feb 7 prosecution not seeking death penalty)

Jebus, no wonder my dad couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there.

This case just brings up how goddamned stupid the whole Iraq war is for me.  The bitterness I feel at watching a whole new generation of broken vets.  Lives lost or wasted and the only people benefitting from this war are people who are part of the war machine.

That includes me, because I wouldn't have a roof over my head, food to eat and insurance to cover my  counseling for my PTSD if not for my husband's service and current employment with a mil contractor.  My counselor should have been able to help a shit ton more veterans, but the nature of the military beast is to hide it's wounds, lick them when they are alone, don't let it become part of the service jacket. To suck it up, Buttercup, to soldier on,to ride the waves of bu·reau·crat·ic indifference at the highest levels right down into the gutters of a freeway underpass.

No comments:

Post a Comment