sitemeter

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bob Filner Resignation Expected, Mayor Seen Leaving Office With Boxes: Reports (UPDATED)


As a life long resident of San Diego I am not surprised that it didn't take long to dig up dirt on the Democratic mayor and get rid of him. I wondered "Why now? Oh yeah, stuff that never mattered before he was a threat to the Rethugs matters now."



"For several decades, ending in 2013, all five supervisors were Republican, white, graduates of San Diego State University, and had been in office since 1995 or earlier. The Board was criticized for this homogeneity, which was made possible because supervisors draw their own district lines and are not subject to term limits.[35] (In 2010 voters put term limits in place, but they only apply going forward, so that each incumbent supervisor can serve an additional two terms before being termed out.[36]) That pattern was broken in 2013 when Slater-Price retired; she was replaced by Democrat Dave Roberts, who won election to the seat in November 2012 and was inaugurated in January 2013.[37]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_County,_California#Law.2C_government_and_politics



g'head g'head, all you people who don't have a clue about how this county works, bash away at me...
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

1 comment:

  1. Nunya,

    "g'head g'head, all you people who don't have a clue about how this county works, bash away at me..."

    Lol. I certainly don't have a clue but I feel no inclination to bash you. I looked at the Wiki link and was surprised that San Diego wasn't even bigger (in population) than it actually is.

    In any case, it's the only city in USA with 3 zoos, and that makes it rank # 1 in my American nice cities book. Not to mention it occasionally gets prehistoric visitors as shown in one of the Jurassic Park movies, lol.

    Speaking of fauna visitors, I think I might have mention "Blackie" - that young black pussycat which I took home after finding it in the street - abandonned.

    Unfortunately, he proved to be an even bigger pain in the ass than that fucking porcupine of a couple of weeks ago. Even though we live on the ground floor and the back door is open 24 hours a day, giving access to the backyard, he somehow decided that the right place to shit was all over the apartment, including on the fucking bed. Yeah, just yummy and lovely. Deidra was REALLY impressed, lol.

    So I chased him away. It took some persuading him - he couldn't believe it and kept sneaking back in through the door and then, (when I shut the door), through the window. I feel sorry for him, but life is tough enough without that sort of shit (literally) to have to put up with every day. Anyway, judging by the number of stray cats in my shit little town, they survive fine on their own. They are expert jumpers which means they can get into those huge street dumpsters in which they can always find something to eat.

    Hope all is well for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete