sitemeter

Thursday, February 02, 2012

oooh, shiny pretty



My friend teases me that some women get mani-pedis and I get new Birks, but that is a relatively new development.
These are actually not a Birkenstock, but a brand licensed by Birkenstock. They are a
"

Papillio Womens Florida Pepe Bronze Leather "

and they are kicking my ass. They were not manufactured this year, so the leather was cracking and the stuff that makes them shiny/pretty also makes them stiff. A bit of mink oil on the inside of the straps did the trick. The last two pairs I bought were wool soft footbeds so the break in time was negligible.... er... nonexistent really. Breaking in leather Birks with a regular footbed sucks, and I haven't done it in years.

4 comments:

  1. It took 6 weeks to break in the last pair of work boots. Only one and it looked identical to the old one. Longest time ever. I need some good sandals which I can't afford anymore so I will get the two pair I have resoled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear Birks because they can be resoled. 1 pair has been resoled 3 times and the footbed liner has been replaced. Another pair has been resoled twice and the footbed liner has been replaced also. From the ones I don't wear all that much only one has had the sole replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright red toe nails would be a nice accessory.

    Hugz.

    Busted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bustednuckles,

    Umm, not much can improve my feet, lol.

    ReplyDelete