sitemeter

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas, 2011

My friend sent me this this morning:

 "It's thankfully Christmas morning.

The Mall Wars have ended. The doors in some stores close on Saturday, 24th Dec, at Midnight. The security staff put away their pepper spray canisters, and the maimed and the injured shoppers limped out of the cavernous Big Box stores to their cars with carts laden with Chines imports. Now TV and the Internet News blurbs will have to start talikng again about things that really matter. Like which celeb couple has split, and which up-and-coming starelet had a wardrobe malfunction.

 MERRY CHRISTMAS....

If you can still remember what it's all about"

 And I replied to my friend: 


 Ahh, my dear, I do remember. I tried to relieve the stress by agreeing months ago with friends and family to NOT exchange presents. This morning I couldn't believe the feeling of peace and wonderment that today is the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and Jesus was a good dude. 


 May you also have a peaceful day of quiet reflection,


 nunya


 And then I found something else worth reading in my inbox:


SATURDAY, DEC 24, 2011 1:00 PM PST

 #occupychristmas

"Throughout much of history, the holiday was a celebration of rebellion against authority. It's time to reclaim it..."

 "...But there is also something different going on this year. A popular hashtag on Twitter is #OccupyXmas. In Portland, San Francisco and elsewhere, carolers dressed in Santa suits and elf outfits have been singing a new song. It goes in part like this:

 Arrest ye merry bankermen
 All profiting today
 You crashed the whole economy
 Yet nothing did you pay …" Share

1 comment: