sitemeter

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tonight's Maddow opening segment

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I burst into tears before Rachel finished. Suddenly I was 15 again and hearing about the Brenda Spencer school shootings. When I was 16 I was living in the same place as a girl who had been Spencer's cell mate at juvie. I was never a danger to anyone but myself, but believe me, some of those kids were sick. I hope that girl got better eventually because she was twisted. There was help for young people then. Nice places for kids like me who's folks had health insurance, and the State paid for wards of the court if help was needed.
Then came Reagan.

Now whether they are dangerous or not, and they (or sometimes us) are lucky, they are in prison. Sometimes it's just a way to get the medication they need. Sometimes it saves our lives. Sometimes not. I personally think that the really crazy people never get help and some of them are wealthy and important people. Don't tell me there aren't nutballs at the top of the social strata in the world because I will call you a liar. Anyway, things were different, I was lucky, and I've never been in jail. Hell, I don't even have any parking tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment