sitemeter

Monday, October 25, 2010

Swimming in warm water can take deadly toll on body

Fran Crippen, 26, died Saturday during the last leg of the Marathon Swimming World Cup. By Madison Park and Ashley Fantz, CNN October 25, 2010 4:57 p.m. EDT

And now you know why I hate swimming with non-swimmers. "Oh yay, isn't the water wunnerful?" the brainiacs ask, and it's fucking 88 degrees Fahrenheit, with an air temp of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. No, because I spent so many hours in the water, working hard in it, that that 85 degree water temp is HOT to me. I thought maybe between 68 and 75 was great, but these guys think between 77 and 82. Obviously, 87 degree water temp can be fatal. I always hated the Brawley meet because there was no way to keep the outdoor pool from getting too hot to compete in. It was like trying to race in a really big bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment