sitemeter

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Should Shirley Sherrod sue Andrew Breitbart and Fox News?

John W. Dean

Should Shirley Sherrod Sue Andrew Breitbart and Fox News?

By JOHN W. DEAN
Friday, July 9, 2010



Dean says:

"...Frankly, if I found myself in Shirley Sherrod's situation, I would file a lawsuit next week. But I could represent myself in court, and would take delight in going after a jackass like Breitbart, not to mention Fox News, to expose what they are doing. For me, the reward would be holding them accountable for even nominal damages and making their lives miserable.

There is little doubt that such a legal action could proceed beyond any initial motions seeking immediate dismissal. And after that crucial threshold, I would have subpoena power and the ability to question those involved under oath. This would make it possible to fully uncover how this fraud was actually perpetrated. While I might enjoy doing this, I cannot recommend that anyone without legal training and litigation experience get into what might nicely be described as a brawl with skunks..."

Hmmm. Isn't any fight with Fox news rather like a fight with skunks? Dean knows law, so if he says it's probably better for her to take another avenue that might be more beneficial for her, then it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment