sitemeter

Monday, April 26, 2010

Dinner and a movie

After 2 weeks worth of being sick I finally left the house and bought food.

For myself.

That I didn't have to cook.

I didn't think the old man would try the goat curry, chicken tikka masala and mango milkshake anyway. The only thing I wouldn't get again is the goat curry, especially after looking online and finding a few links to "goat curry" that take me to a mutton curry recipe. I probably wouldn't know goat meat from mutton in a curry anyway, it's too spicy. I don't like this particular recipe, or the bones, or what looks like three bay leaves in one serving of it. Besides, she just smiled when I asked where you get goat meat around here.

Come to think of it, there is NO meat raised commercially in San Diego, not even eggs or chickens or a dairy anymore, everything is trucked in frozen, or refrigerated. The water is so expensive, not too many crops are grown here either. Betcha locavores are far and few between here.

No comments:

Post a Comment