sitemeter

Monday, March 08, 2010

Reading now -- The Devil We Know by Robert Baer



I know Baer had something to do with Syriana and I love that movie, I threw a fit till my husband bought me a copy and I only own about a dozen movies. I don't beg my husband any more, I buy what I want. Between Neflix and the public library systems in this county, I don't need much.

Review: 'The Devil We Know'
Reviewed by Elaine Sciolino (NYT)
Published: Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I haven't read the book yet, so I don't know if I agree with the review, but I do know that we don't know shit about Iranian culture, my neighbor has been there for years and I'm still baffled, even after reading . this book , but reading it helped. The Ayatollah Begs to Differ by Hooman Majd is definitely worth reading if you are curious about Iranians, and easier to read than some Iranian authors because dude is Iranian-American who has lived here most of his life.

I came across this this morning while I was trying to remember the name of the book and author who helped me understand Iranians.

No comments:

Post a Comment