sitemeter

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Howard Zinn -RIP

Howard Zinn, Historian and Activist, Dies at 87
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: January 27, 2010

Howard Zinn, historian who challenged status quo, dies at 87

January 27, 2010 07:12 PM

...As he wrote in his autobiography, "You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train" (1994), "From the start, my teaching was infused with my own history. I would try to be fair to other points of view, but I wanted more than 'objectivity'; I wanted students to leave my classes not just better informed, but more prepared to relinquish the safety of silence, more prepared to speak up, to act against injustice wherever they saw it. This, of course, was a recipe for trouble."...

How Will SCOTUS Decision Affect Corporate Media?
Karl Frisch
Senior Fellow at Media Matters for America
Posted: January 26, 2010 12:44 PM

After that god-damned Supreme Court decision last week , d'ya blame his heart for pooping out finally?

No comments:

Post a Comment