sitemeter

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Illegal immigration

I heard a report on NPR this morning about more Chinese being caught crossing illegally into the US from Mexico. Something that is on my mind since I watched the movie "Frozen River" recently.


Does illegal immigration disgust me because "I hate dem furriners?" Nope. Actually, the first guy that asked me to marry him was a Vietnamese refugee. I hate it because not only does it exploit the immigrants, sometimes to the tune of brutal slavery to pay off the smugglers, it benefits drug dealers who use the illegals to backpack in drugs through the deserts.

I also cannot help but wonder who else is coming across the border? The book I am reading hasn't said anything about human smuggling, but the FBI's handling of terrorists in this country is might fucking fishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment