sitemeter

Friday, September 25, 2009

Michael Moore's 'Capitalism: A Love Story' - OPENS NATIONWIDE OCTOBER 2nd!






Moore fears 'Capitalism' movie will be his last

Last Update: 9/06 6:57 am

Moviemaker Michael Moore fears his new documentary Capitalism: A Love Story will be his last - because the footage will grossly offend the financiers who back his projects

The director's latest venture is a scathing critique of Wall Street and lays bare capitalist greed amongst the country's bankers

Moore is adamant he didn't let financial ties stand in the way of his expose, admitting many of the corporations which put up money for the film will be unhappy with the results...


Shit. None of the greedy fucks want to put anything into distribution of this movie. I should be able to buy online tickets to the one theater where it will be playing locally at soon. I will, and I will drive out of my way to see it. Hell, I drove an hour and a half to see his last movie because I didn't think it would be playing here at all. I like seeing Michael Moore's movies. I like to laugh, to be entertained, to hurt, to learn while watching a documentary. I know my emotions are being manipulated. I trust that the greater good will be served by allowing Michael Moore to manipulate my feelings. That is skill. And heart. And integrity.

I really enjoyed Naomi Klein's interview of Michael. The podcast kept me from paying attention to the articles I was skimming at the time. Yeah, I do that, it's the closest I get to "multitasking." I know women are supposed to be able to multitask, but not all of us ever get good at it. ADD is a hindrance to doing one task well, forget doing a shitload of them at the same time.

Here is the best interview regarding this movie that I have seen so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment