sitemeter

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sending loved ones

Today someone I love very much sent her baby brother to Iraq, or Afghanistan, I can't even remember which one because it is so incredibly painful. I met him through her when he was a pre-teen and his voice wasn't anywhere near to cracking and then changing. My friend has to be strong for their mother. The father and the son are two more victims of the economic downturn. The plant they worked at can make the product cheaper and without unionized labor somewhere else, never mind that it breaks lives, homes, families, and hearts. This familiy has already been through hell, they don't need this shit too.

I know what it is like to send a loved one into a war zone. All the patriotic bullshit disappears and your knees are weak at the thought of never seeing this person again that you love so much.

Frankly, this just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment