sitemeter

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bill Moyers interviewed Jeremiah Wright (Part I)

Part II

It was worth watching last night. The links lead to the page with video stream links.

Frankly, I got the impression from this piece that Reverend Wright takes the saying "faith without works is dead" as a direct challenge...

I tried Googling that saying and got horribly confused by all the semantics squabbles on the internet tubey thingies. I dusted off my Bible and started reading at James 2:26. That's where the quote "faith without works is dead" comes from, but that's where the important information ends, back your way up through James to get it.

Bet you didn't think I owned a Bible, didja?

Well I do, and occasionally I consult it. There's some good stuff in it, and some really outdated CRAP in it also. Like all religious texts written a few thousand years ago, there is some silly, superstitious, arrogant, patriarchal, misogynous, homophobic, outdated bullshit in them.

Update 8:42 AM 4/28/2008 -- AND as y'all reminded me, (thank you for that) there is violence, mayhem, murder, all that happy horseshit in thet there Bible too.

No comments:

Post a Comment