sitemeter

Monday, March 31, 2008

Why Is George Still Smiling?

March 20, 2008 1:55 PM

Robert Scheer I've liked Robert Scheer since I discovered his work. I do love hearing him rip Tony Blankbrain a new one every week.

That idiotic "what me worry?" look just never leaves the man's visage. Once again, there was our president, presiding over disasters, in part of his making and totally on his watch, grinning with an aplomb that suggested a serious disconnect between his worldview and reality...

...But the president is happy because his legacy issue, the war on terrorism, is intact. No matter that last week the Pentagon was forced to release a report conducted over the last five years that concluded, after surveying 600,000 official Iraqi documents captured by U.S. forces, that there is "no smoking gun" establishing any connection whatsoever between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda

The report was so embarrassing that we taxpayers were not going to be told of its existence, even though the explosive conclusions were declassified, until ABC News forced the administration to post it on the Joint Forces Command Website...

Well I'll be damned, I think I just regained a tad, a smidgen of respect back for ABC news.

No comments:

Post a Comment