sitemeter

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Federal Towing Contract Not Impeded by Ex-Worker's Scandal

Shit. Of COURSE NOT, it's San Diego. Business interests are never impeded by scandal because almost everybody's dirty here. From the time I could hear I heard "It ain't what you know, it's who you know." The old boy's network in this particular case just happens to have a big fat case of Pinoy Pride. I gotta admit though, that I appreciate Bob Filner, & I wish he was my congressman.

Completely unrelated, but interesting to me:



The curtain lifts for Bollywood in Pakistan
Feb 8, 2008
By Sudha Ramachandran

...But not everyone is putting out the welcome mat. Bollywood's less well-known cousin across the border, Lollywood, Pakistan's Lahore-based film industry, is apprehensive.

Lollywood, which has languished for years as Bollywood has grown into a multi-billion dollar industry with fans across continents, fears it will be wiped out completely when its Indian rival invades.

Even less welcoming will be Pakistan's jihadis and religious conservatives, who frown on Bollywood's song-dance culture...


Mmmmm, frankly, about as close to Bollywood as I can stand was a mariginally cute movie called Bollywood/Hollywood . The singing style drives me batshit crazy and I generally prefer songs sung in English since that is the language I speak, although occasionally I hear some great stuff on the Mexican stations. Not Ranchera Norteño though, I'm not fond of German polka.

No comments:

Post a Comment