sitemeter

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Concerns over Economy Push George W. Bush's Overall Job Approval to New Low


Among all Americans, 19% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 77% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 14% approve and 79% disapprove.

Hat tip to Make them Accountable


I couldn't figure out why my friend's roomate was always talking out of her ass about Obama, saying she wouldn't vote for him because he was a Muslim and he wouldn't say the pledge of allegiance. Click on the graphic above to enlarge it.

She told me the time before last time that I was over there that my news was boring. I tried to explain that her newz showz didn't give a crap about whether she got the story or not, that she was just a pair of eyeballs that they could sell shit to.

So the other day I'm over there & I hear this really annoying voice coming from the teevee & I go out to investigate it. I turned around and looked at her and snarled on my way out of the room, "I fucking hate Wolf Blitzer, & I'm sorry that you need sensationalized bullshit to keep your attention. Oy, no wonder the rest of the world thinks we're stupid, we are." Frankly, I'm sick of her willful ignorance. She watches CNN all the time.

and also today...

Danny asks an important question:

Yesterday in this blog, I reported on
that the President of a Hedge Fund was calling on the government to indict the businesses and business men who profited from subprime scams. Now, I asked a top CEO if he thought anyone would go to jail as a result of the economic disaster they created.
“No, “ he told me.
But Bob, said I, trading on how being in the same room with the high and the might allowed me to have one on one first person familiarity:
“You just agreed with NACA that this housing crisis was a created by the industry as a deceptive scheme to make money, not advance home ownership.”
“Yes,” he said, as he scrambled to get away from me.
“It was a scheme but it was not malicious, just driven by greed and opportunity. That’s not criminal.
HUhhh????

No comments:

Post a Comment