sitemeter

Friday, January 25, 2008

Finished reading



The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein basically documents what I'll call Milton Friedman's Fabulous Feudalism program. Good times for the disgustingly selfish rich, and getting worse for the rest of us.

Frankly, the clarity regarding Israeli economic policy makes the last couple of days on the Gaza/Egypt border much easier to understand.

Here's an
article by Barbara Ehrenreich that references Naomi's book.

Gonna make my kid read it when she finishes her econ class, so she gets more than dry, dull, boring theory. She said the college education she's suffering through is sucking all of her creativity out of her ears. I think she's right, just browsing the index in her econ text made me sleepy.

Tonight's NOW show looks pretty darn interesting to me, (hey, I like documentaries, OK?) and Bill Moyers has at least one story that I won't miss called Buying the Bench?

No comments:

Post a Comment