sitemeter

Friday, September 21, 2007

It's Friday ya bastards

(Yup, I hear Randi Rhodes' voice as I write that)

Are USAID Funds Being Used for Covert Operations in Central Africa?
September 20, 2007 at 07:21:51

Mmmmm. Does this surprise me? Nope, I read this book a few years ago:

Hidden Terrors: The Truth About U.S. Police Operations in Latin America by A.J. Langguth (Author)
  • Paperback: 343 pages
  • Publisher: Pantheon (July 12, 1979)
The DRC had elections last year.

I know this is unrelated, but it's disgusting to me.

Oil hits high over $84
Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:33pm EDT


I'm still plugging along, reading this book. It's depressing.

Tonight on NOW

Bill Moyers is doing part of tonight's show on Rachel Carson I'm still picking up her book occasionally, but I can't read the thing straight through. It's too depressing to see how little of her work had a lasting impact on the captains of industry. I'm curious to see how long it takes for some genius to advocate the use of DDT for bedbug problems that are cropping up.

Speaking of creepy, bloodsucking critters, I love this
letter to Larry Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment