sitemeter

Monday, August 27, 2007

save KLSD (petition link)

Clear Channel in Texas is trying to kill the only progressive voice left in San Diego, the station that carries Air America Radio programs, along with a Jones radio program and a NOVA M program.

I'm highly suspicious that it's more than the bottom line (big sponsor is opening new stores ) that is out to kill KLSD . PBS' Full Focus is already dead. I did not go to the rally, nor do I go to the listener parties, or call the station during my favorite show-- the Stacy Taylor Show. I'm uncomfortable in crowds, and speaking on the radio. I am a very loyal listener, most of the time up to eight hours a day. I've noticed that the advertising is geared toward big ticket items and a lot of them for home owners. What, do the grocery store chains think liberals don't shop where union employees work?

I was thrilled to hear Bree Walker (Bree, I've been a fan since you were a DJ on KPRI) and Mike Aguirre. at the rally. I think that Mike Aguirre is one of the best things that ever happened to San Diego politics. San Diego politics are ugly and dirty. Remember Dukie? Just the tip of the iceberg, folks.

Makes me wonder if increasing the signal, which would increase sales in the North County where there is more money) is out of the question because Camp Pendleton is in North County. Getting the boys ready to fight Iran?

Trying to kill a progressive voice before the 2008 elections?

I for one, have had enough of the Texas manure that has spread itself all over this country and the world.


I love KLSD. I love San Diego. I am sick of the crap.


Oh, and Buh Bye No sé Nada Torquemada.

No comments:

Post a Comment