sitemeter

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Defense Appropriations Subcomittee hearing

Ok, this is the worst attempt at "live blogging" that I've ever seen. Well, not really live blogging, just streaming it and attempting to type what I'm hearing. Yes, I mean what you're going to read on this page right here. It's bad, I'll leave it just to remember how bad it is, but if you want to know what I was watching Here is a portion of it. Not the Jeremy Scahill part.
Update: Here is Jeremy.
Click here for Kos diary

Hat tip to the fabulous Terry

Appropriations Subcomittee hearing. Basically it's about what's going on with contracting out in Iraq?

scroll down and click on webcast

I'm watching now.

(Terry watched it also, & she's much more calm about the whole thing .)

Fucking amazing, nobody knows who
Aegis is.

Betcherass they don't.

Jeremy Scahill is coming up.

05/10/07
Defense Subcommittee
Contracting Out
10:00 AM, 1:30 PM 2359 Rayburn House Office Building

DoD contractor costs are 75% higher than they were in 1996? Am I hearing that correctly? Jeebus.

126,000 contractors in Iraq? (Did I Hear That Correctly?)

10:50 AM 5/10/2007 PST Scahill's up

1400 dead and wounded contractors as of Dec 06

48,000 private security contractors in Iraq with better weapons, better equipment.

Slang in Iraq is called "going Blackwater" for soldiers leaving military service for better pay with private contractors.

Contractors act like rock stars and are unaccountable.

Congress is asking a reporter for information on these contractors? (DIHTC?)

10:50 AM 5/10/2007 (pst) Robert Greenwald is up. On private contractors in Iraq.

He's talking about "burn pits"


Oh. My. God. Who is this asshole rednecked dickhead "conservative" attacking Scahill and Greenwald?

Ooops, found him. Rep. Jack Kingston (R) from GA


money from GD mil contractor fer ole Jack Hmmmm, Jack attacked Jeremy, for not being in Iraq since 2003. Wonder if Ole Jack went there & had Blackwater perteck him?

11:52 AM 5/10/2007 omigod omigod omigod, right now I want to punch that rednecked idiot, Kingston, yapping about all the money made in Hollywood...Does this guy have a button that you push somewhere on him and he spews talking points?
11:59 AM 5/10/2007 show's over, but before it cut off I spied Kingston hightailing it down to talk to Greenwald and Scahill he was laughing. I hope somebody out there is geekier than me and uploads this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment