sitemeter

Friday, May 25, 2007

Tell me something I DON'T know

Why Male Military Veterans Are Committing Sexual Assault at Alarming Rates
By Lucinda Marshall, AlterNet. Posted May 25, 2007.

...Sexual violence has been a de facto weapon of war since the beginning of the patriarchal age. Raping and assaulting women is seen as a way to attack the honor of the enemy, and women have always been the spoils of war...

Um, yeah, I actually had a young, drunk jarhead tell me just how aware of this particular facet of military history he was. He appeared to have no problem with it. He was so drunk, he probably doesn't even remember saying it.

Reading this book brought back that particular memory and a host of mixed feelings. Including rage.

The Alternet article also states:


"...It isn't surprising that the DOJ feigns bafflement... "

Right, because they're NOT baffled.

Come ON man, Lynndie England is in the same brig that hosts a sex offender treatment program. Looks like there maybe an introductory seminar on the East Coast .

Oh heaven help us, look what I found on the Google: My experiences include being one of the early pioneers in the development of the United States military sex offender treatment program. Hopefully they're more sciency now. Do I believe sex offender treatment works? I don't know, but I do know there is lots of shit that goes on in this city that the military AND the tourist agencies don't want you to know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment