sitemeter

Friday, May 04, 2007

Belief


Belief.
A great song and timely.
By John Mayer.
(click on lyrics to enlarge)




And me. Frustrated:

Silent Scream

How do I stop the pain of what my country has done?
When do I feel the warmth of the sun?
When can I talk to people from other countries?
And tell them that I know the leaders lie.
Why do they believe that we are truly a democracy?
When my father told me differently
He knows about the code
The computers he never controlled
People don’t believe me
For them the bell has tolled
They blame me for my vote
But they do not know what I know
They do not know what my father knows
They believe the lies that they were told
That we really control what happens
When we push the correct button on the computer screen
They don’t know that I feel
Every day the silent scream

No comments:

Post a Comment