sitemeter

Sunday, February 25, 2007

McCain visits, gets Sanders' endorsement

Somehow this information makes me think of some things I've read in Nemesis. I did get Chalmers Johnson to sign my book the other night. During his presentation he mentioned Hanna Arendt and her description of the 'banality of evil' when she wrote about the Adolf Eichmann trial. When I finish reading Nemesis I plan on reading "The Origins of Totalinarianism."

You're wondering how I connected the article on my mayor endorsing McCain and 'the banality of evil', huh?

My nickname for the mayor is "Downsize Jerry" (quite popular in business circles here in San Diego, nevermind that their employees can't afford to live anywhere but Tijuana, and their customers are routinely frustrated with the employees 'convenient' English skills) and McCain goes along to get along with the Bush Administration.


Republicans don't think for themselves.



That is the banality of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment