sitemeter

Monday, January 29, 2007

1/27/06 Horton Plaza in San Diego No War protest


Beachblogger42 was busy taking pictures and posting them.

I'm going to borrow one because these are acquaintances of my kid's and the negativity regarding the protesters was a very tiny portion of the over all response, but I did hear it. Military people are not supposed to protest and I'm sure this particular group of marines was just trying to get into the mall (Horton Plaza) and they had no choice but to walk through the protest because that's where the bus stops. One of them muttered "Freaks." as they walked by the group of teenagers that I was standing with. These two were more interested than the other kids in attracting attention. I spent 4 or 5 hours with some of these kids and I was impressed at their knowledge of current events and complete disgust with the Bush Regime. Genuninely nice kids. They seem like good kids, no drugs, or alchohol, they get good grades and they were very polite with me. All in all the protest was extremely well received, there were lots of thumbs ups and honking in support, a ton of smiles, hell, it looked like most of the cops were having a good time. This time it was wonderful, the haters were soooooooooooo outnumbered.

:) Oh, and yeah there were a LOT more people there than in previous years. All in all not a bad turnout for a military town. I'm really bad at judging numbers but I thought there were about a thousand, but the fishwrap says 1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment