sitemeter

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reading Now (Hostile Takeover by David Sirota)

Starting it today.

I got so sick of waiting for the library system to actually process the books and let me read a copy, that I bought a copy. Even that required a snide and rude remark at the closest Barnes and Noble. I think the phrase "right-wing bullshit" escaped my lips as I was treated to a clear shot of Annthrax Coulter's latest smear guide for the intellectually impaired behind the cash register. I mentioned Hostile Takeover by David Sirota and the next week I went in and the book was there, so I bought it. I don't think it was the rudeness that prompted the manager to order a copy, I think it might have been the comment that the public was probably leaning more towards the left. The manager said he wanted to be balanced in his offerings. The cynical part of me thinks "Whatever" and the hopeful part of me thinks "Well... maybe things are going to change."

No comments:

Post a Comment