sitemeter

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Slaves

Last night I watched Frontline's the Tank Man and I'm not sure which one of these people
were speaking but one of them said something that I found profoundly disturbing. They said that the number of protests against the Chinese government are growing every year, by the tens of thousands. I want to check it again, and maybe I will stream it when it comes online Friday . They also interviewed some Chinese factory workers (under the watchful eye of some security aparratchik) who performed beautifully for the cameras.

Billmon has a great post on Why People Think the Economy Sucks here in this country.

And ( skippy, can I purty please borrow this?) the asspress say US trade deficit dropping, Chinese buy Boeing plane, everything gonna be A-OK.

Damn! What's that smell?

Yeah right. And bombing Iran will make that trip (in a V8 SUV) to Wal-Mart to buy that cheap Chinese made comforter/sheet set soooooo much easier, right?

Straits of Hormuz? Where's that?

Man, what is it with countries that have booming economies and their slave labor ?

Including us. Thinking about it over at Daily Kos I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment