sitemeter

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I can't wrap my head around the system

November, by the Numbers
by georgia10
Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 08:08:04 AM PDT
Tracking poll numbers is one way to determine if we'll win back the Congress in November. Tracking money is another .


I understand that spending money is one of the realities of American politics. A lot of people's only involvement in politics is voting. Their reception of political messages happens in front of the television, or driving by yard signs for specific candidates in their neighborhood. Occasionally they read an op ed, or immediately before an election they search for information on a particular candidate or a particular issue.

Question:

Why the fuck are they so stupid, lazy, and passive?

Exhaustion from working two or three jobs to achieve the "American Dream?"

Indifference? Ignorance?

Hopelessness, because they feel like their damn vote dosen't count anyway?

(Preview: So Diebold is running around the country making visits to its voting machines.)

Life too pleasant to bother with it?

I- just- can't- wrap -my- head- around- it.

Of course, I don't know what I expect with our media sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment