sitemeter

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saudi Arabia


Between tradition and demands for change
Saudi Arabia: reality check

This is a long piece, and I found it interesting. I've never been to Saudi Arabia, so I can only hope that it is balanced in it's praise and criticism of the Kingdom.

That said, I personally still harbor resentment that we have been told over and over again that 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, and those investigations seem to have gone nowhere. I also think it is cruel to force someone to be covered from head to toe in black in a place that reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer.

Looks like to me, that SA is still exporting terrorists. This is a very short dispatch, with one very interesting sentence in it.

Arrested Saudi suspect in Iraq is psychotic, says KSA

I found this PBS special fascinating.

Frontline: House of Saud

I don't know who was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. I do know that whoever is responsible for them is wealthy and powerful enough to escape punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment