sitemeter

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Letter to Preznit Poseur


Preznit Poseur was sent a letter by a real pilot recently. The real pilot returned his wings and bars. Among other things, the real pilot had this to say:

"As a citizen, a patriot, a parent and grandparent, a lawyer and law teacher I am left with such a feeling of loss and helplessness. I think of myself as a good American and I ask myself what can I do when I see the face of evil? Illegal and immoral war, torture and confinement for life without trial have never been part of our Constitutional tradition. But my vote has become meaningless because I live in a safe district drawn by your political party. My congressman is unresponsive to my concerns because his time is filled with lobbyists' largess. Protests are limited to your "free speech zones", out of sight of the parade. Even speaking openly is to risk being labeled un-American, pro-terrorist or anti-troops. And I am a disciplined pacifist, so any violent act is out of the question. "

here's the rest of the letter

No comments:

Post a Comment