sitemeter

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Billionaires and Ballot Bandits

Billionaires and Ballot Bandits
by Greg Palast.

Hijole. Between that and THRIVE: What on Earth Will It Take, which I watched last night, I'm avoiding the screaming meemees over at HuffPo. There are so many mentally retarded right-wingers over there that I just can't stand it.  The moderators over there used to let some really funny comments slide in under the radar, but no more. So anyway, I didn't come across a whole lot of new information watching the movie, but the first thing that blew my mind in the book was in the first chapter of the book. I won't quote, but it basically says that 6 million votes that were probably going to be democratic votes were systematically weeded out by assholes like Karl Rove.

I've been waiting for this for years. Somehow I don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime.


My friend is in the hospital and it's not looking good. The cancer is back. I talked her into voting in the 2008 election via absentee ballot and she's continued to vote so she has an absentee ballot waiting here. Strangely enough her daughter said she kept mentioning it even though she is in incredible pain and had to be moved  back into a regular hospital.

I am not a pet owner, but somebody brought in a maltipoo to visit one of the residents in the nursing home and I fell in love. When I was a kid we had a pomeranian/poodle mix that I loved. And seriously, how could you not love this face?
The dog we had growing up had coloring more common to maltipoos, but the dog that came to visit had coloring similar to the one pictured here.


Share


No comments:

Post a Comment