sitemeter

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

My dilemma and my anger

I know, you're looking at the pictures and you're thinking, Bitch is fucking obsessed with her feet and these damn shoes. Yeah, kinda, but this is something a little bit different.

Here goes --

I've been wearing the wrong size for 14 years and it caused all kinds of problems with my back, knees and 1 very painful arch. Easy for a shoes salesperson to mistake since I'm almost perfectly in between sizes and with most shoes you need to go up a size if there is doubt. Based on my experience I don't recommend it with Birkenstocks. The arch supports need to be in the correct places for your frame.

So the picutures below are of new pairs that I can't wear. Well, I have this wonderful family next door and her mom has "wide feet little bit" and "problems with fitting shoes and with feet" and she sends shoes to mom in Iran through sister in another country because the sanctions and bad relations between Iran and the U.S. are making direct phone calls and the sending of packages of things like Motrin and wide shoes to mom difficult. I didn't know this when I asked if she could get a foot tracing to see if the Birks I can't wear might work for her mom. I asked my friend and neighbor if we could just send the shoes to her and she explained the problems.

I couldn't help but think "WTF?" and then "Oh, of course! The geniuses at Homeland Security will find some way to indicate that a couple pairs of secondhand Birkenstocks (gently and slightly used and not broken in!) will somehow help Iran with it's nuclear program."

It makes perfect sense to me now since I'm almost done reading this book. I told her that the problems that the U.S. has with Iran are made in Israel and we laughed. She and I have discussed how we love that the US has freedom of religion. Those two countries really don't if you look at the problems encountered by people of the less favored religion in them, but I would posit that Jews in Iran have less problems than Muslims in Israel do. Well, I think everybody in Iran is having a tougher time with survival.





Share

No comments:

Post a Comment